12 Healthy Halloween Fun Food Ideas – Bible Gateway
We are getting ready for Halloween with these Healthy Halloween Fun Food Ideas. Creative and healthy ideas your family will love. Halloween doesn’t have to be only about eating candy. You can create delicious and healthy treats and have fun with the entire family. It is the perfect way to encourage kids to eat more fruits and veggies.
Have fun with these Healthy Halloween Fun Food Ideas
I collected some fantastic ideas for a super fun and healthier Halloween this year. My kids get plenty of candy during this time of the year, so making these healthy foods is a great balance. Most importantly, you can show them that healthy food is fun and exciting, and delicious! If you want more fun foods for the holidays, check out my Thanksgiving Fun Food Ideas.
Check out these great and super easy-to-make recipes and keep reading below for bonus fun food ideas recently added at the end! Get creative and stay healthy this Halloween. You and your family deserve it!
1. Banana Ghosts and Tangerine Pumpkins
This is my favorite Halloween Fun Food. It is easy to make and so much fun to eat. Serve this fruit tray at any Halloween party. You can use celery stalks or pretzel sticks for the tangerines (or you can use mandarin oranges or clementines). For the banana ghosts, use mini chocolate chips for the eyes and regular chocolate chips for the mouths. Always a big hit for kids guaranteed!
You can also serve the bananas on Wooden Treat Sticks. They will look like ghost pops and are perfect for toddlers. A little lemon juice on the bananas will help keep them fresh for several hours. Place them on cool Halloween Serving Dishes.
No products found.
2. The Pumpkin Veggie Tray
Healthy and very easy to make. Just use baby carrots, cucumbers, and a broccoli floret to shape your pumpkin. You can use small dip containers for the eyes and nose. That’s it! No cooking required and ready in less than 5 minutes. It is the perfect healthy finger food idea for your Halloween party.
If you want more ideas for finger foods, you can always make homemade crackers. Check out this recipe for Homemade Cheddar Cheese Crackers and make them with only 4 ingredients. They are super easy to make and my kids really love them. I have a gluten-free version that is great too. Use Halloween cutters to make it more fun.
- Set of 6 tinplated steel miniature Halloween themed/shaped cookie cutters
- Includes: Bat, Pumpkin, Owl, Moon, Cat, and Flying Witch, all approximately 1.5″ to 1.75″ in size
- High-quality cutters cut through a variety of doughs easily and can also be used on sandwiches, fondant or craft clay – don’t limit your imagination!
- To maximize the life of your cookie cutter, hand wash in warm soapy water and towel dry thoroughly before storing
- R&M has a variety of cookie cutters for every occasion – we look forward to being part of your baking and celebrations!
3. Witch Broomsticks
Make super cute broomsticks with pretzel sticks, string cheese, and chives. Cut each string cheese stick in half. Carefully press a pretzel stick into the uncut side of each cheese stick about 1/2 inch deep. Make the bristles. Using sharp scissors, cut thin slices that are about 1 inch in length. Gently tie a chive around the top portion of the string cheese and snip off the long ends.
This idea was taken originally from foodlets.com
4. Jack-O-Lantern Salad
In a large bowl, mix your favorite salad ingredients and dressing. You can also make a fruit salad. To carve a pumpkin cup, slice off the top of the orange, using a knife to loosen the edges, and scoop out the inside of the orange with a spoon. Toss the juice in with your salad. Carve a small jack-o-lantern face in each orange and fill it with your salad.
If you are making a fruit salad you can also use fun Halloween mini cutters to cut your fruit. Fruits are always good for every occasion! And if you really want to make a big fruit salad with lots of fruits, (think watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, and add some grapes or blueberries for a mix of shapes) you can just place them in small bowls.
10″ x 17″ skull tray; Spooky 3D skull design; Made of durable plastic; Perfect for costume and Halloween parties
5. Pizza mummies
You can make these super spooky mummies with whole wheat English muffins (or gluten-free version), or just a small round pita bread. Heat the oven to 350º F. A toaster oven will work just fine too. For each mummy, spread a tablespoon of pizza sauce onto half of an English muffin or pita bread. Cut olive slices in for the eyes and green onion or pepper for the pupils. Lay strips of cheese across the muffin for the mummy’s wrappings and bake for about 10 minutes. Make sure the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted.
Making little pizzas is super easy and kids will make them disappear in no time!
6. Spooky Stuffed Peppers
These stuffed peppers are super easy to make, so they’re the perfect quick meal before you head out for trick-or-treating. First, grab some red peppers (orange works well, too). Slice them in half down the middle and use a paring knife to cut a Jack-o-lantern face into the fronts of them. Use the other half as a “bowl” and fill it with your favorite stuffed pepper recipe fillings. Quinoa is a great option, but anything goes, really!
7. Monster Sandwiches
Aren’t these adorable? They’re so easy to make, too! The eyes are just black olives attached to pickles with toothpicks. For the fangs, onion pieces work best. But if your kids don’t like onions, you can also use cheese. As for the filling, you can use whatever you want.
8. Monstrous Apples
I don’t really know what to call these. Apple bites with bite? Monster apples? Whatever you call them, they’re a great little after-school snack for kids! Start by quartering an apple. Then, cut a “mouth” out of each quarter and spread your favorite nut butter inside of it. For the teeth, you can use little pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds. Almond slices work well, too. Slice up a strawberry to use for the tongue.
9. Cute Kiwi Monsters
If your kids aren’t really fans of apples, try these little kiwi monsters instead! Just stack kiwi slices on top of each other, then put a strawberry “tongue” in between the top two slices and top with tiny marshmallow-bit “eyes” dabbed with a smidge of melted chocolate. You can even combine this with the apples, banana ghosts, and tangerine “pumpkins” for the ultimate Halloween fruit tray.
Other Healthy Halloween Options
- For another healthy treat, please also see my post, Homemade Healthy Gummies, and use a cool Halloween silicone mold. You can make them scary with zombie head molds, or a little less spooky with super cute gummy worm molds.
- Another favorite at home is the Monsters Inc. Healthy Fruit Tart. It is vegan, gluten-free and most importantly it tastes so yummy. Think kiwis, bananas, raisins, dates, and old-fashioned oats. It is really one of the healthiest tarts you can make!
- In the mood for pumpkin recipes? You might want to try super healthy almond flour pumpkin cookies. They are easy to make and perfect for the entire family to enjoy. Oh, and they are naturally sweetened with date sugar and gluten-free.
- Who does not love food hacks? From spider deviled eggs to pumpkin burgers, you will love all my 7 super cool and crazy fun hacks post.
- Making your own chocolate is super EASY with only 3 ingredients. You can really impress your friends and family by making your own Halloween chocolates that are also made with only healthy ingredients. This recipe is ready in 5 minutes and it is gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan. Check out my DIY chocolate recipe and use super fun Halloween molds.
Have fun with your family and friends this Halloween. And remember that you can make delicious foods to replace all the refined sugar treats and processed foods. Check out also my Easy Halloween Crafts For Kids post and get ready with super creative ideas that will totally put you in the mood for Halloween.
Last update on 2022-11-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last, Bible Gateway sent you details about the topic “12 Healthy Halloween Fun Food Ideas – Bible Gateway❤️️”.Hope with useful information that the article “12 Healthy Halloween Fun Food Ideas – Bible Gateway” It will help readers to be more interested in “12 Healthy Halloween Fun Food Ideas – Bible Gateway [ ❤️️❤️️ ]”.
Posts “12 Healthy Halloween Fun Food Ideas – Bible Gateway” posted by on 2023-02-17 09:48:36. Thank you for reading the article at Abible.org